CCIS Future Contractor Scholarship
CCIS is dedicated to the future of California's contractor community. We are excited to offer scholarships for graduating high school seniors and currently enrolled college students.
Prize: One $750 scholarship
Prompt: Over the past decade there has been a growing emphasis on sustainability and being "green." This theme is only going to continue with each passing year as we trend away from fossil fuels and non-sustainable materials. With that in mind, what are three staples of the construction industry (materials, equipment, practices, etc.) that you see being phased out this decade, and what alternatives do you recommend?
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2022
Thank you for your interest in the CCIS Future Contractor Scholarship. We are no longer accepting submissions at this time. Please check back in the fall for our next scholarship opportunity.
Rules and Requirements
- The CCIS Scholarship Essay Contest is open to residents of the United States who are full or part-time students of a US accredited institution of higher learning, including trade schools, or who are graduating high school seniors who plan to attend college.
- Applicants must apply online and include Full Name, Email Address, Permanent Mailing Address, Current/Planned University, Projected Graduation Date, and Area of Study/Major. Finalists must provide proof of current or future enrollment and photo of themselves. Photo and Essay of the winner will be posted on CCIS website to highlight the winning submission.
- Applications must be submitted by their respective deadlines. No late applications will be considered.
- Only one entry per contest per applicant.
- Essay must address the above prompt and be between 250 and 500 words in length.
- Essay must be the original work of the applicant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification. Essays must not infringe on any intellectual property or third-party rights of any person, company or organization.
- Past winners are not eligible to win a second time.
- All judging decisions are final.
- Finalists are chosen by CCIS and the scholarship winner will be voted on via a public poll. All finalists will be notified of their chance to win so they can share the link to the voting page. The winner of the poll and all finalists will be notified of the results after the voting deadline.
- CCIS is not responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
- By submitting an entry to the CCIS Scholarship Essay Contest, the applicant acknowledges their understanding and acceptance of these stated rules and requirements.